Home

Fires at Mbale Garage Destroys Property worth Millions

The fire that is reported to have started at about 3am last night has left many businessmen counting losses.

Mbale police is investigating circumstances under which 16 shops majority of spare parts gutted fire in Mbale Garage located in St Andrews cell, St. Andrews ward, industrial city division-Mbale City.


The fire that is reported to have started at about 3am last night has left many businessmen counting losses.

It is suspected to have started from one of the restaurants and it crossed to Mechanical Vehicle Spare parts shops up to the welding shops.

Curtsey Photo| Fire

The police intervened with their fire fighting team and the fire was contained. A total of 16 stalls that were burnt include 04 welding shops , 09 Mechanical Vehicle spare parts, furniture shops, restaurants among others.


A business man who preferred anonymity said the suspected cause of the fire was a charcoal stove left in one of the restaurants. 


The Elgon Region police Spokesperson Mr. Rogers Taitika has appealed to the public to desist from leaving burning items on to avoid such incidents

Woniala Isaac Ravinz

Journalist with great Zeal in telling stories and Events as they unfold with great emphasis on Popular culture.

Related Articles

One Comment

  1. Thanks for the news keep up melanie . Am so happy for my og. … Ur making it … For some of us abroad…. #kisses to BIG FM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button